Friday, March 6, 2009

WOW ... Awesome Shopping and Then Some ... WARNING LENGTHY POSTING

Holy cow it was a great ending to the week! Below are some pictures of my recent purchases in Cleveland and down in Amish country. It was a great time shopping and who can ever see enough fabric! This is a great book of patterns that my cousin purchased for me a short time ago and i am now getting it...there are so many patterns in here that i can't wait to get started making, but as i'm sure you'll see with the rest of this post ... it may be a while before i get to them! LOVE ... LOVE ... LOVE ... this fabric and bag! I was planning on making a few of these bags to start using as my grocery bags but wasn't planning on ordering this fabric even though i loved it ... so when we stumbled upon it today ... i just had to purchase it. So, I can't wait to get started on making 2 of these...since it is only my husband and me, our grocery list isn't too long so 2 should be enough. AH Yes ... more clover fabric! Remember I wasn't big on the Dublin throw I made ... well, Kim has a tutorial on her blog to make an adorable clover throw for St. Patty's Day ... so i figured it would be so cute in this material ... yes Bets ... i've become smitten with the clover fabric :O) So be sure to check out Kim's Big Quilting Adventure for the clover throw
Moving on ... this fabric is new from Moda and it's called FRESH ... i don't think there is one print in this collection that i don't love. I was so excited when my husband decided to fall asleep in his chair tonight so i could get cutting my 3 packs of charm squares that i forgot to take a picture of them, but i'm sure you know what they look like. I am going to make the Stacked Coins Quilt from AmandaJean's blog. The tutorial can also be found on Moda Bake Shop. I'll use 2" white sashing between the columns and I will have 8 columns of 30 coins ... i think i'm going to put a peeper around the edge then a 6" border in one of the greens. I think the end result will be somewhere around 62" x 72"
How fun is this yellow fabric ... this will be a travel pillow case for my SILs mom. This should be a rather quick project so i hope to have this done this weekend.
Backing ... the blue floral on the left of this picture is the backing for a quilt i made out of a Simplicity Jelly Roll back in July 2008. I've been procrastinating on the backing and i'm not sure why because i just love the softness of this quilt. It is the Jelly Maker's Cabin pattern by Kimberly Camou done in a Simplicity jellyroll. This too should be a quick finish so hopefully I will get this accomplished this weekend also so i can take it to the quilter on Monday.
But i have to say the best part of the trip was getting to meet Rachel from ps I quilt. She is a wonderful person and gave me a GREAT gift. She gave me the Bargello Heart pattern with a cute fabric bundle tied up in this adorable tape measure ribbon. Thanks so much Rachel you are great!
Well, i think that's more than enough for now ... hope everyone has a super weekend!!!

5 comments:

Lurline said...

Miss Nosy-Parker here loves long Posts with lots of pics - just great!
Hugs - Lurline♥

Sara said...

That fabric you got is great! Sounds like you had a wonderful trip and really enjoyed yourselves.

rachel griffith said...

awww.
i really enjoyed meeting you too!!!

i'm SUPER glad yall found the 'fresh' line. can't wait to see that stacked coins quilt.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the pics of "Fresh." K was telling me about it, but I couldn't find any pics online.

Mel

Candace said...

What fun purchases, Lisa! And how much more fun to meet a blog friend! You'll love the 40 Fab Quick Cuts book! I've made two from the book and want to make all the rest!
Cheers!