Saturday, August 1, 2009

Quilts Delivered & More Fabric Purchased :O)

Hello! Well the quilts have been delivered to my nephews and I have to say, my newphews are just handsome, hilarious and down-right awesome!

This is Alexander, age 11, with his Ohio State Quilt... This is Matthew, age 10, with his Wild Thing quilt...

And this is Michael, age 7, with his Swirl quilt...
They loved them and they look terrific in their rooms!

Fabric...oh fabric...i purchased this fabric to make a purse. My sister-in-law has the pattern because she is going to make one also. I love the polka-dot fabric, but not sure i'm diggin the flowers...maybe it will grow on me!

Then tonight about 9:30 i started putting the rows together on my Swanky jelly roll quilt. It took me 1 hour and 45 minutes to put the 13 rows together. So tomorrow, I will cut the border and get it added and be done! YEAH! Then I'd like to start cutting out another quilt in some blue and white fabric I have ... can't remember what it's called, but it's pretty.
Hope everyone is having a great weekend:O)

9 comments:

Barb said...

What wonderful quilts for your nephews, they are awesome...love your jelly one too.

Julia said...

The quilts look great, and you can tell the boys love them!
They will enjoy them for years to come..
Julia ♥

Unknown said...

Wow, what stunning quilts your nephews now are lucky enough to own. They turned out beautifully, and I'm loving your swanky quilt top.

Della said...

Your nephews are adorable and those quilts turned out awesome. Love the swanky quilt also. Have a great rest of the weekend Lisa.

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Love that Swanky - you chose a great pattern to show off all the prints.
All the nephews quilts are adorable as they are!

Phyllis said...

It's great that those boys seem to really love their quilts! Especially after all the work and love that went into them.

Question for you...do you know of any swaps I can get in on - for the holidays or otherwise? I'd sure love to join in the fun!

*karendianne. said...

Oh Lisa, I love seeing the boys with their quilts! How happy that makes a girl, ha?

heather said...

Great quilts and fabrics

antique quilter said...

isn't it wonderful giving a quilt that they love
sure looks like your nephews are thrilled with their new quilts
so nice of you to make them quilts
Kathie