Sunday, November 16, 2008

Hourglass Quilt

This is the material for quilt #4, my Hourglass quilt done in June 2008. I was looking for some fun and bright material for this quilt and this material was perfect. It was purchased at The Door Mouse and is from a variety of manufacturers. Next time I go to The Door Mouse I will definitely take my camera. They have so much material it is actually mind-blowing. The first time I walked in I was so amazed that I walked out with 6 fatquarters. Now I go in there with a pattern and a plan and always come out happy :O) I can't even begin to guess on how many bolts of material they have....it is just amazing! This is the finished quilt. I used the tutorial from Crazy Mom Quilts and it was very fun to do. Her tutorials are wonderful! If you haven't checked them out, please do. I will have to see if I can find a better picture of this quilt because the sun seems to wash it out a bit. The weekend here in Ohio was very cold and yesterday it actually snowed. If it isn't 85 degrees and sunny, I want snow! Hope everyone had a great weekend!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Your quilt is just gorgeous, love the bright colours. A finish is always such a good feeling.

Unknown said...

Congratulations on finishing that beautiful quilt , lovely colours.
Clare's Craftroom

Dee said...

Oh I just love this quilt. It looks so beautiful in these brights. D. :=)

erica e said...

i love this quilt. the hourglass block is so fun and yours is so bright and cheery!

Anonymous said...

Just came across your blog... can't believe you've been quilting less than 12 months... your work is beautiful... well done!! I love this colourful quilt. Lx

*karendianne. said...

What a bright, happy quilt!