Sunday, November 16, 2008

Hourglass Quilt

This is the material for quilt #4, my Hourglass quilt done in June 2008. I was looking for some fun and bright material for this quilt and this material was perfect. It was purchased at The Door Mouse and is from a variety of manufacturers. Next time I go to The Door Mouse I will definitely take my camera. They have so much material it is actually mind-blowing. The first time I walked in I was so amazed that I walked out with 6 fatquarters. Now I go in there with a pattern and a plan and always come out happy :O) I can't even begin to guess on how many bolts of material they have....it is just amazing! This is the finished quilt. I used the tutorial from Crazy Mom Quilts and it was very fun to do. Her tutorials are wonderful! If you haven't checked them out, please do. I will have to see if I can find a better picture of this quilt because the sun seems to wash it out a bit. The weekend here in Ohio was very cold and yesterday it actually snowed. If it isn't 85 degrees and sunny, I want snow! Hope everyone had a great weekend!

6 comments:

Linda said...

Your quilt is just gorgeous, love the bright colours. A finish is always such a good feeling.

clare said...

Congratulations on finishing that beautiful quilt , lovely colours.
Clare's Craftroom

Dee said...

Oh I just love this quilt. It looks so beautiful in these brights. D. :=)

erica e said...

i love this quilt. the hourglass block is so fun and yours is so bright and cheery!

LEE-ANNE GILBERT said...

Just came across your blog... can't believe you've been quilting less than 12 months... your work is beautiful... well done!! I love this colourful quilt. Lx

*karendianne. said...

What a bright, happy quilt!