Saturday, January 29, 2011

Postage Stamp Quilt Along = Completed

Happy Saturday! Whew, so glad this week is over! I didn't spend much time sewing, but plenty of other things were accomplished.

Last evening i spent some time finishing up making the blocks for my postage stamp quilt along, so this morning when i got up i spent 3 hours putting my rows together and completing the quilt top.

So, here is a picture of my completed top...i'm so happy i did this quilt along because i finally used up a jelly roll of Nature's Notebook that i purchased on impulse. The colors of yellow and blue make this quilt so soft and pretty...it goes with nothing in my house, but it's pretty.

Here's a close-up of the fabrics...don't look too close, i'm sure there are many squares that are not 'perfect' but that's what makes it special :O)
I hope everyone has a great weekend and now i'm ready to start another WIP...hmmm when i started quilting i was so good about only having one project going at a time ... now i probably have 4 or 5 ... i don't like that!

4 comments:

Terry said...

That's so pretty! I love those colors! Congratulations on getting it finished! :0)

Mary Grace McNamara said...

Hooray! Your PS quilt came out just great! I love the soft colors and the pretty white you used. Mine is finished too and I'm just getting ready to download my pictures! What a fun quilt along this way.

MGM

Joyce said...

There is nothing prettier than a blue and yellow quilt! Great job. Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Lois said...

Congrats on finishing your PS quilt! I completed mine in January and am dropping it off at the long arm quilter this weekend. I love your choice of colors. My quilt is a scrappy look of color and muslin with a lot of red. I'm so glad it is done!!!!! Nice job.