Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Binding Coming Along

Last night was a great night! Hubby went back to work and i got started on the binding for the boys' quilts. Two quilts have the binding completed and the third has it sewn on the back, so this evening i will get the front sewn on and then work on getting the labels sewn on the back. Once that is complete, i can move on to squaring up my Swanky squares so i can start getting that quilt assembled.

I don't think i showed a pic of the below fabric that i purchased in Shipshewana, IN at the quilt store. I loved this fabric when it came out and why i didn't buy more variety to go with these two cuts i don't know, but that's ok, it will give me something to hunt for on my next shop-hop. I was thinking of just adding some white-on-white fabric and making a red, white and blue throw, but then i thought some yellow would be pretty with it also...what do you think? Have a great evening!

5 comments:

*karendianne. said...

Yeah! Lots happening. Great fabrics. Yummy. :)

Lurline said...

Red, white and blue will be perfect!
Hugs - Lurline♥

Bec said...

What GORGEOUS fabrics!
Looking forward to seeing the white you choose.....

Ginger Patches said...

I think a little touch of yellow would be perfect!

Jess said...

Just found your blog via Cluck, Cluck, Sew. I was just in Shipshewanna last month. Where did you shop? Have you ever been to Lolly's in the Davis mercantile? Fabric overload. LOL