Friday, March 20, 2009

Coin Quilt ... NOT

Ok...well remember this picture where I was making the Stacked Coin quilt and putting a white on white sashing between each row of coins...yeah well that didn't look right when I started putting the sashing between the rows...the coins were not lining up and it was driving me crazy that it didn't look right. When I was sewing it on Wednesday night i was so frustrated i could have throw the material away and been fine! But instead i just put everything away and layed on the couch watching TV. So then Thursday night i decided to start taking my rows apart and leaving the coins in sets of 2. I have 4 sets together to make each block and here is what i have come up with for my FRESH. The blocks are sewn and ironed, but the sashing is just layed on top so i could see what it would look like, so disregard any quirks.
I am much happier with the looks of this than those darn coins! Granted I've only been quilting a little over a year, but i don't think any other quilt has escalated my blood pressure like this one! UGH!
Hope everyone has a super Friday and a great weekend!

9 comments:

~Niki~ said...

I actually like the look of coins that don't match up. I always make my coins different heights, so they don't match. I love them. My fav type of quilt is the coin quilt.

Kim said...

Good save! No sense in going with a design that isn't pleasing to you. I like what you did here. Atta Girl!

Molly said...

Oh, boy! I know how you feel when "things aren't lining up and driving you crazy"! But look what came of it--this is gorgeous! I agree with Kim--good save!

Jennie said...

I like it! ~ Jennie

Candace said...

Lisa - this looks really good! I know what you mean about being frustrated over certain designs - I have one like that, too! Can't wait to see your finish!
Cheers!

Willow Grove - Kez said...

Love the new look quilt. I can relate to not matching up. Its so annoying. Love the colours

Sheila said...

great solution!

Terry said...

I love your new layout! And in my opinion, you have to do what looks good to you no matter what a pattern says! Can't wait to see the finished top! :0)

Sherri said...

This is a great quilt!