Monday, March 23, 2009

March Calendar Quilt Block

Hello! Hope everyone had a great weekend! No sewing was done yesterday or this evening ... i spent my evening reading a book...i should know better than to go to the library when there is sewing to be done! Anyway, here is my March calendar quilt block. I really like this block because of the orange...i'm not sure what it is about orange, but i have been itching to do a quilt w/ oranges and i'm not even big on the color...go figure! Several months ago i bought a jelly roll in Cotton Blossoms and wasn't' sure what I was going to do with it...but then i saw SULTRY on Moda Bakeshop! It is absolutely adorable and i think will be very pretty in Cotton Blossoms...here is a picture of some of the strips from the jelly roll...

3 comments:

Gari in AL said...

I LOVE your calendar block: orange is my very favorite color.

*karendianne. said...

Love your March Calendar Quilt Block. Love the orange. One of my all time favorite colors. :)

Kiwifruit-Shiree said...

Hi Lisa,
I love your orange block, it looks really great! I am still working on my February block, and part way thru March, hopefully will catch up this weekend, and get something posted!