Sunday, March 22, 2009

Much Better...

Well ... yesterday turned out to be a MUCH better day. I spent the afternoon assembling my quilt that was suppose to be the Coin Quilt ... my cousin suggested i call it the Tossed Coin Quilt ... and since that is so fitting, I believe that is what it will be called! I am much happier with the looks of it this way ... the only thing i would change is i don't think i would have made the sashing so wide. There is 2" of the white-on-white showing and it just seems like alot to me...instead of doing the 2" sashing all the way around the outside, i put a white "peeper" around it just to break it up from the border which I have not yet ordered. So, tomorrow I am ordering the border, backing and binding fabric. And ... here is what it looks like completed...
I also finished my March calendar block, made a pillow case for a small travel pillow and fussed around with a clover table top I have been messing with.
Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Your Quilt looks Lovely & I bet You are Glad it is Finished...it has a Spring Feel about it...Great Colours...
cheers

*karendianne. said...

A very happy, cute quilt. Love the sashing - it really works!!!

Lisa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jackie's Stitches said...

I think the name Tossed Coin is perfect for your quilt! Love the bright cheery colors!

Sara said...

I love it! The sashing looks great around the tossed coins. Worked out wonderfully! Great job!

erica e said...

i love this quilt! great use of the coins! it is so bright and cheery! perfect for spring. perfect for anytime of the year, really.