Monday, December 29, 2008

OMG I LOVE SHOPPING FOR FABRIC

HOLY COW! I am so EXCITED! I've talked about The Door Mouse in previous posts and I was recently there for their end of year sale! Can you say come to Momma! These three fabrics were on their clearance table for a steal! It's hard to see the true color but they are in the teal color family and are very pretty. I purchased 2 yards of each. Not sure what I'm putting with them, but my cousin thought they would be pretty with a chocolate brown...any suggestions/thoughts? And here is my absolute favorite purchase! I'm not usually in to this color/style of fabric but it just struck me funny when I saw it and decided I had to have it. My husband wasn't real big on the Christmas Quilt I made a month ago, he didn't think it looked too Christmasy, so when I showed him this material, he said this is Christmas material! Again, not sure what I'm doing with it but I'm thinking of the pattern called Crazy Eights and just making it bigger. I bought 1 1/2 yards of each and an extra yard of the red dot for the binding.
This ... well, it was pretty and bright and fun and another steal so it made its way home with me. I think I'll add some more fun colors to it and it will make a great summer throw.
Also, when I was at The Door Mouse I took a bunch of pictures to show you...this place is absolutely amazing. The first time I was there I walked in and was so overwhelmed that I left with 6 fat quarters! Now I go there with a plan and always come out happy. It is floor to ceiling shelves of material and rows of material in front of material...it's unbelievable. So, I will post my pictures shortly.
Hope you have a wonderful week and a very Happy and Safe New Year! Lisa

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I love all of that fabric and the stuff below too . Nothing like new fabric to make us happy .
Clare's Craftroom

Anonymous said...

Fabric shopping beats all other shopping by far. The Christmas ones in the photo are too cute. Happy New Year to you, Lisa, and your family.

Kathy said...

Beautiful fabrics! You lucky girl.

Busy Little Quilter said...

I love the fabrics you chose. Shopping there sounds like so much fun.

I had to laugh when you said when you first went to the store you were overwhelmed and came out with 6 fat quarters. I remember the first time I went to my favorite quilt shop and I got car sick in the store!

I organize a lot of quilting events for my quilt guild. Anytime we go on a trip to a quilt show or a shop hop I always tell the newer members to have a plan. The ones that have been members for years already know the secret. One of my new members had a panic attack at a quilt show and it's because she didn't have a plan. It is overwhelming to be faced with a ton of gorgeous fabrics and not know what to get.