Sunday, December 21, 2008

Dave's Scrappy Throw

Can you believe Christmas is only 4 days away! I am so excited for the day and hope we have snow on the ground :O) Yesterday was our family Christmas with my extended family and it was great to see everyone! Lots of good food and laughing! It's amazing how time just flies. When I was younger time didn't seem to go as fast, so I must be getting old because it's hard to believe 2008 is almost over! Here is quilt #7 done for my husband. I gave my 2nd throw to my mom and he really liked that one so I decided to make him one of his own. This too was done in Kansas Troubles and I didn't have a pattern. I believe each square is 3 1/2" and I made a 4 patch out of them and put a sashing between each block. I was very happy with how it turned out and I think this quilt is used every night (most of the time by me). This is also the quilt in the background of my header at the beginning of my blog. This is the back...I wanted it in the same material as the sashing but my local quilt shop was out of it and not getting anymore in. I searched the internet but didn't have much luck...that will teach me not to procrastinate on purchasing my backing. I should have bought it when I bought the sashing!!!
I hope everyone has a safe and wonderful Christmas!

1 comment:

Dee said...

I absolutely love this quilt. Just beautiful. D. :=)