Thursday, December 4, 2008

Next Project - Decadent Victorian

Here is the pattern and material for my next project. This pattern is called Daisy Chain and it is out of the book called Jelly Roll Quilts. It is a fabulous book that contains about 16 quilt patterns and a bag pattern. I don't think there is a pattern in this book that I wouldn't do.
I have had this jelly roll for quite some time but just couldn't figure out what to make with it so I've finally decided on this pattern.
I am going to use the solid light sage green as the background material rather than the white shown in the picture and I'm thinking about using the mauve polka dot material as a peeper and the paisley as a small border. The finished size without the border will be 47 x 68 so I'll probably just put a 3 or 4 inch border on it because I'd like to keep it smaller.
I'm finding I have more quilts that are larger and not so convenient to decorate with so I'd like to get some going that are on the smaller side and easier to keep laying around. Have a great day :O)

7 comments:

Julia said...

Hi Lisa,
Love the colours in your Fabulous Fall quilt - really nice - and the colours in your new jelly roll too. Is the quilt in your header/banner one of your own, because I love the colours in that one even more and would like to see the whole thing if was possible please?? :0)

Jennie said...

That is going to be so pretty! I look forward to seeing it finished! I'll have to look for that book- I have a lot of jelly rolls and charm squares!- Jennie

Julia said...

Hi Lisa,
I love the colours in your new jelly roll.
Must check out the book, jelly rolls are fun to work with..
Hugs

Willow Grove - Kez said...

I love the Decadent Victorian. The colours are gorgeous. I have made a quilt out of the jelly roll and it come up really nice. I like the book you have. What is the front cover like? It looks like it has some nice patterns in it. I like the one you are going to make.

Unknown said...

WOW that Quilt looks Amazing...love your choice of fabrics...also love your Fall Quilt in your last post that is just Gorgeous...love the colours in that one too.
cheers

Joanna said...

I love your choice of fabrics. That quilt will be so beautiful when it is done.

Terry said...

What a pretty pattern! I've been meaning to check out that book...I think I'll have to do that soon! Can't wait to see your quilt in progress! :0)