Sunday, December 28, 2008

Muted Florals

Hello! I hope everyone had a great weekend and a wonderful holiday! My Christmas was filled with gift cards to quilt shops and several to the Fat Quarter Shop. I can not wait to start purchasing more material! So here is some more material I purchased when my local quilt shop was closing. The price was just too good to pass up but now I need to figure out what to make with this material. I've really been wanting to make a quilt out of pinwheels, but don't think this is the mateial for that. I used some of these fabrics in the first quilt I made so I'm sure I can throw a few solids in with these to break-up so much of the yellowy/gold colors. Have you ever purchased material on an impulse? Well in the near future I will post my impulse purchase that I have had for 7 months and just don't know what to do with it...it's pretty material but it just doesn't grab me now like it did the first time I saw it...UGH!

7 comments:

Julia said...

I used to buy on impulse, but not as much now..
I do love rose fabric, I think I have a couple of them myself..
They would make up into a very pretty quilt..add some soft solids and go for it.
Hugs Jspemigulia ♥

Julia said...

sorry!
The word verification got mixed up with my name..
Hugs Julia ♥

Jennie said...

I would add some solids and make half-square triangles with 1/2 solids 1/2 floral and the play with the arrangement until I liked it! And my sewing room is FULL of impulse purchases! I am curbing it a lot now, but it's hard!

Joanna said...

If I had enough money for all of the fabric I would love to purchase on impulse, my house would be exploding with fabric! Love those pieces you picked up!

jacquie said...

i have a little something for you on my blog when you have a minute.

Unknown said...

Such pretty fabrics. If you're not wanting to loose the fabric design with cutting, how about something like this http://handmadebyalissa.wordpress.com/2008/12/18/land-sea-quilt-pattern/

Busy Little Quilter said...

I think we all buy on impluse especially whe we first start quilting because we want to make everything! I'm trying not to do that anymore. :)