Friday, October 15, 2010

Halloween Quilt

Hello and happy week-end! I am so glad the week is over and hopefully work will begin to slow down so i can get back to some sewing!!!

I decided I'm going to get some outstanding projects finished this week-end and so far I'm off to a good start. This evening I made binding for my big Pink quilt and got that sewn on and washed, so now it's all crinkly and pretty on my couch! Check out the picture below ... and then I made and put the binding on one of my schnibbles and made the binding for another schnibble that i plan to get sewn on tomorrow evening when hubby falls asleep in his chair :O) Then all my bindings will be on and I'm going to start a new quilt. This is the new quilt I'm going to start ... you can see the pattern in the top right of the picture, but i just love all this Halloween fabric! I've never been much in to Halloween, but for some reason this year i am so i decided it's time to start making a Halloween quilt. It will probably be finished for this year, but not back from the quilter, so I'll definitely have it for next year.

Isn't this fabric just adorable !!!
This is the outer border for the quilt which I'm not real big on, but with all the bright colors and busy-ness of the quilt, I think it will work well...especially with black binding...
and this .... this is the backing and i LOVE LOVE LOVE this fabric! The picture so doesn't do it justice because the green is a bright lime green and it is ADORABLE! All the cute funny-face pumpkins!!!!
Well, that's it for me this evening...i am going to head off to bed because this is hubby's weekend off and we have a busy weekend planned ... i just love fall weekends!!!

Have a great weekend and happy sewing :O)

1 comment:

Tracey said...

Wow you have had a good weekend sewing, love the finished quilt, and the halloween fabric looks great,