Saturday, August 21, 2010

Where has August Gone!

Hello! How have you been? I'm not sure where the month of August has gone, but I can't believe it is more than half over and and I have done about no sewing!

One evening i cut out my fabric for my schnibble and the next started to sew together some pieces, and here is how they looked ....

So after messing with my machine for about an hour i gave up and went back to it later ... messed with it some more and she finally worked perfectly ... i keep telling my husband this is why i need a nice bernina or pfaff or any one of those nice big fancy machines ... i just haven't convinced him that they are worth the $$$$ ... but i'm still working on him!

So here is the fabric i am doing my August Schnibble in ... it is Zippity Doo Dah and I love this fabric ... i've had it for some time and decided Plan C is the perfect project for it!

So last week I took my youngest Nephew Michael out to lunch at Graffiti Burger and shopping for his birthday. While I was in Columbus I decided I needed to stop by Red Rooster Quilts just to browse ... no plans on buying ... but i just couldn't pass up this fabric ... how adorable is this?!?!?! I have nothing Halloween but decided this would make a cute table topper ... the yellow stars and the mouth and eyes on the bats glow in the dark! I can't wait to whip something up with this ... who knows, it may be just pinwheels, but i think it's adorable!
If you don't have this book, you definitely need to get it. I LOVE THIS BOOK! It has so many cute patterns and i can't wait to make a few larger quilts to go with all my schnibs!
And finally ... this ... i came across this pattern in the Better Homes and Garden Quilt Sampler Spring/Summer 2010 issue ... it's called Perfect Harmony and i think it will look awesome in my kitchen once i get it painted. I'm going to do the walls in a deeper tan color and paint my chair rail a deep barn red ... and i think will go perfectly! I'm going shopping in Amish country with my cousin in September so that will be the time for me to shop for fabrics....
So ... i've been up to absolutely nothing, no sewing, not much shopping, just lots of working and a bit of house cleaning ... but hopefully this week i'll be able to knock out some of my schnibble and have some pictures to post.

Until then I hope you have a wonderful week ;O)

2 comments:

Kelly Ann said...

Lisa...I agree...you do need, and yes it's a need, a new machine...

Anonymous said...

My oh my, you MUST love sewing. I would not be able to put up with a machine that behaved like that. :( I am new to your blog and have been browsing through your posts. I have enjoyed looking at all your quilting projects!! You do nice work. I sincerely hope you can buy a machine that works smoothly. I have a Bernina and have had it for 10 years. Not once has it sewn garbled seams like in your picture! I have perfect stitches every time I sit at my machine. It has never been in the shop for a problem--only normal maintenance. You may be able to find a really good used machine for a lot less money than a new one. I imagine a Bernina store near you would have machines that have been traded in for upgrades, and yet still have a lot of life left in them.
Way to go--finishing a year of Schnibbles!!
Beverly