Sunday, June 19, 2011

Star Quilt Along ... My Three Blocks

Well, it was a VERY productive week-end! I cut out a quilt on Wednesday and put it together Friday and Saturday ... it's very cute ... I'm not posting it yet because I still have to put the outer border on it and I'm just not diggin the fabric i bought ... so Thursday and Friday I'm going quilt shopping with my cousin so will be looking for different/additional border fabric.

So a few months ago I joined the Star Quilt Along with Piece N Quilt ... I made the first star, then when the second star came out I figured I'd wait till the third and fourth star came out and make them at the same time ... well when the fourth star came out, I didn't like it ... I don't like making blocks/quilts where I have to use a template...it's not that I probably can't, I've just never done it and don't really care to try...so I thought well, maybe I won't do the quilt along...then once again I changed my mind and decided I'd make the blocks that I liked and for the blocks I don't care for, I'll just make another block that I do like .... so here are my 3 blocks ... I should have 5 blocks done, but I'm going to wait and see the other blocks that come out and make the last 2 needed later...I really like these blocks and I used Butterfly Garden by Kansas Troubles and I just luv luv luv that fabric ...

Hope you had a great week-end!

No comments: