Sunday, June 13, 2010

This n That...

Hi Everyone! Can't believe tomorrow is Monday already! I wish the weeks flew as fast as the week-ends!

Not alot going on this week-end...did a bit of sewing ... my schnibble blocks are all finished and below is a picture of a few of them. I think I'm going to put some sashing between each block to make the schnibble a bit larger... Isn't this cute! My sister-in-law gave this to me. I think they use to hang their keys on it at the back door, but i'm going to paint it black and hang it in my living room so i can hang some schnibbles from it...i think that will be adorable ... thanks Bets :O)

So, i'm am definitely not a garage sale person ... however, my husband likes garage sales and flea markets...he's all about the challenge to find something at a good price...don't get me wrong, i love a good sale, but i'm not one that believes in "one man's junk is another man's treasure!" So last friday i stopped at a garage sale with hubby and on the wall in the garage they had this plate holder hanging that said $8 ... so i told dave i wanted it and he says ... "offer them $5" ... well i'm not one to bicker over a few bucks ... i just assume give them the $8 and be on my way, but since he was there i said ... will you take $5 for that plate holder and she says "SURE" ... so now i'm all happy because i'm going to paint this black also and hang it sideways in my hallway to hang some lap size quilts on ... but before that happens, the leaves on this thing are definitely going to be removed!
Hope you have a wonderful week!

5 comments:

Amy said...

Cute additions for your living room. Your schnibble blocks are looking good.

Lovie said...

Love the blocks, and good Garage Sale find. And yes the leaves must go.

Terry said...

I've been thinking of looking for a plate rack like that for quilts. I have lots of little ones and no place to put them.

Sinta Renee said...

I like your garage sale story! I think you did get a treasure after all!

Teresa Marie said...

Cute stories on your blog, and great looking quilts!