Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Cotton Blossom ... UGH! Part 2

UGH ... UGH ... UGH! Ok, so here's the update from my last post on this quilt! Dave and I layed it out to square it up and i was cutting so much off the top and bottom that it just seemed crazy to waste that much fabric ... so, against my brain screaming "NO, DON'T DO IT!" i started the fun task of taking the rows apart so that i can re-align them in hopes they are more even. Last night i took 2 rows apart and my plan for this evening is to get them sewn back together and then add the 3rd row to them (once i rip that off the rest of the quilt) to see if it aligns better.

I keep telling myself ... my next quilt is just around the corner, just a few more nights of this quilt and i can move on to something more fun!

Have a great evening everyone and if anyone is having a glass of wine tonight or a margarita, have one for me! On second thought, maybe i'll just have one before bed...toodles!

5 comments:

*karendianne. said...

OH girlfriend, I'll be thinking of you. You're right ~ the next quilt is right around the corner!!!

Barb said...

Well.....sometimes we should listen to that voice but most of the time we don't and well....we take to our seam ripper instead. Good luck. Oh by the way, I tried to put a signature on my blog but I have this block of white behind it, how did you do yours?

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

I love Cotton Blossom and the braid quilt you are making. It will be so worth it to get it straight. If it's any consolation, I'm remaking 46 paper pieced blocks because my printer decided to reduce the size and I did not measure before making them! Hang in there!

Della said...

Such dedication. I would of folded it neatly and put it on the stack that I will finish...someday. I really admire your stick-to-it-ness. LOL Have a great day Lisa.

Dandelion Quilts said...

I am sorry that you are having such struggles with this quilt. I have been there and it is a miserable feeling. You can do it though and you be proud of yourself for finishing it.