Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Life Back to Normal

WHEW! It's Tuesday and hubby went back to work last night so i spent the evening doing some laundry and just relaxing! He was off for 17 days so needless to say i was ready for him to go back to work so i could spend some time sewing and just doing my own thing! So tonight i spent some time sewing my strips together and below is what the piles look like:
Hopefully later this week i can cut each strip in its 3 1/2" piece and begin sewing the blocks together. Since hubby works this weekend, maybe i'll actually get this quilt put together! That would be wonderful!

The boys quilts should be done at the quilters in the next week so i need to spend some time and get the binding made for them. Other than that, not a lot going on in Ohio...the weather has been cooler than normal which is nice and tomorrow it's suppose to rain.

Have a great week!

9 comments:

miss~nance said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
miss~nance said...

I am also making this qult. I am using a Fresh JR & black homespun. I have progress pics on my blog.http://missnance.blogspot.com/2009/07/sprakling-gemstones-quilt.html

Gail

*karendianne. said...

Oh how nice for you! Some space. Some YOU time. I'm looking forward to seeing what you're pretty strips will be!

Sara said...

Love those colors together! Can't wait to see it finshed! I really need to get some me time in for sewing!

Della said...

How nice that you get "your" time back. My hubbs is retired and he is always in my way. But that is okay, it is better than him not being here. Hugs.

Julie @ Jaybird Quilts said...

nice start... i'll be back to see what it turns into!

Phyllis said...

I love those colors!!!!

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

These are such pretty colors. They look great together.

Valerie the Pumpkin Patch Quilter said...

Hi there! So pretty!!

Wanted to let you know I received my fabric today, thank you so much!!! The card you sent along with it was as lovely as the fabric itself, thank you for such a wonderful gift! :)