Sunday, April 26, 2009

3 Guys and A Quilt Shop

Hello! I hope everyone had a great weekend because here in Ohio our weather was beautiful! 85 degrees and sunny all weekend!

So...this weekend I took my 3 nephews shopping for fabric for their quilts that I am going to be making them. I sent them some different patterns to choose from several weeks ago so this was the weekend to purchase the fabric...like Rachel said..."3 guys & a quilt shop...sounds like a comedy to me" ... well, it was great, they did so good and each of them had their mind made up on what they wanted prior to us going, so it was a breeze!

This material is for Michael's quilt...he wants the Whirly Giggle pattern from Crazy Mom...you can look HERE to see the pattern ... THANKS Amandajean for a great pattern! The black will be the background and the bright colors will be the giggles ... the picture doesn't do this fabric justice because it is definitely much brighter in person!

And this....this is Matthew's material for his quilt...he has picked the pattern called Almost Irish which is pictured below his material picture. This is going to be one wild and crazy quilt and I think this material will look Awesome in this pattern! Matthew did a great job picking this out!

And here, this is Alexander's...he also picked a pattern from Crazy Mom that she just did for her boys. You can find a picture of the quilt pattern HERE ... Thanks again AmandaJean! The red will be where the orange is in Crazy Moms and the black will be where she has the grey...and the other colors ... well they will make up the wonky blocks in the middle. This will definitely be one cool quilt!

I can't wait to see all these quilts completed and hope to have them completed in May ... so I guess I better quit yapping and get to the cutting and sewing!

I hope everyone has a wonderful week and if you don't hear from me, feel free to drop me a line because I'm sure I will be busy sewing and won't have time to post....but maybe i'll try to post some updates as I go...wish me luck!

PS...my nephews are big Ohio State fans and I'm a MICHIGAN fan ... do you think it's intentional that 2 of the 3 picked OSU colors for their quilt?!?! THANKS Michael for going easy on me!!!

9 comments:

Unknown said...

It makes those quilts extra special that you were there when they chose that fabulous fabric .Looking forward to seeing them done .

Anonymous said...

Your must be one heck of a great Aunt since they all get quilts and what a grand memory!
Thanks for stopping by my blog. I'll mark yours to return to because I can easily see lots going on here. The title of your blog certainly caught my eye as I am not a late night quilter and I'm guessing Candle Lite may be night? I just made a small quilt using Swanky too...I'll look forward to seeing that finish

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

What a wonderful and sweet thing for auntie to do! The quilts should be wonderful.

rachel griffith said...

hahaha you quoted me.
thanks.

i love what they picked out.
i told you i was making the almost irish quilt in red, black & white, right???

oh and i don't think i'm allowed to be friends with you anymore...go bucks.
hahahaha.

Robin said...

Wow! I can't wait to see all those finished!!

Unknown said...

Those are going to be great quilts, with such vibrant fabrics. Those boys have good taste in choosing fabrics.

Linda said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Must let you know to eliminate the oil. Found that the cherry pie filling kept it moist enough. Your quilts are lovely.

Phyllis said...

Boy are you going to be busy for a while. And if those first fabrics are brighter in person, the quilt will be glowing in the dark!! :)

Della said...

What a wonderful aunt you are and what lucky nephews you have You will be one busy lady my friend. Have fun with your awesone project. Hugs