Tuesday, January 27, 2009

New Fabric and Previous Quilts

Hello! It seems like it has been a while since I've posted. I picked up the Irish throw and Decadent Victorian throw from the quilters and below are pictures of the long-arming. I think they turned out AWESOME! As you know I just wasn't digging the Irish throw, but when I got it back with the 4 leaf clovers on it and i put the binding on it...i really like it now. My quilter lost her clover pattern in the flood we had back in August 07 so she drew a pattern for my SILs throw and i think she did a wonderful job. Here are a few up-close pictures.
I absolutely love the design she did on my decadent victorian quilt. It is so pretty and i'm not even sure where I am going to put it so for now it is tucked away in a tub...hopefully I don't forget about it!
Last night I finished my valentine's throw and will take that to the quilter sometime this week. my SIL found a cozy pattern at House on Hill Road's blog so i am going to try and make one of those this evening to see how it goes. They are adorable and would be great for that cup of latte! I also need to get cutting and sewing my strips for my Calendar Quilt Challenge...I haven't even started that so I am already 26 days behind...i hope that doesn't show how the year is going to go!
Have a great Tuesday!

3 comments:

Sara said...

I like both those quilts, I am not a purple fan, but I do like the purple one especially.

I awarded you an award, stop by my blog for it!

Red Geranium Cottage said...

I love both quilts. Love that shamrock quilting. Very cool.

Unknown said...

How would you ever forget where that beautiful quilt is .
Clares Craftroom