Sunday, January 4, 2009

2009 Calendar Quilt Challenge

Hello! So I was just reading my friend Christine's blog ... and she has a post regarding a Calendar Quilt Challenge that Rachel is hosting that sounds like a ton of fun. You add a new strip each day of the year, or you can do it a week or month at a time. Then at the end of the year you have a completed quilt. I think I am going to do mine in blocks with sashing between them. I'm going to make one block for each month and each block will be done in one set color. Since I just began quilting in January 08 and 3 of my 10 quilts are done in Kansas Troubles, I'm afraid that most of my Calendar Quilt would look pretty boring, so I'm going to be purchasing some FQs so I have enough material for the quilt...darn, another trip to the quilt store!!! Be sure to check out the Challenge. It's going to be lots of fun!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Terribly tiresome having to continually go shopping for fabric .Can I come too?
Clare's Craftroom

Jennie said...

How awful... another trip to the quilt shop! I signed up for the challenge too, thanks to your blogging about it! So thank you (I think...)- Jennie