Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Stockings

Hello There ... don't ask me why, but for some odd reason i'm in the mood to sew for Christmas! Usually it hits me about November ... but not this year. A few weeks back i bought some new Christmas fabric and this cut fabric .... has become this ...
i'm not done with the stockings though ... i'm going to cut about 8 or 12 more so that i have a throw size stocking quilt ... i'm thinking of maybe sewing 4 stockings backwards and just throwing them in the mix ... how do you think that will look?

I've purchased some gold fabric for sashing because i think the stockings need to be separated a bit ... probably do the sashing 1 1/4".

Have a great day!

3 comments:

Mandy said...

Really cute! But I agree, the stocking need sashing... and if I may be so bold, maybe you can personalize each stocking so they stand out a bit? Children's names, pets names appliqued to the band on each stocking?

Just a thought lol ;)

I can't wait to see it finished :)

Anonymous said...

apparently it's something genetic. I bought a Christmas present yesterday & K was listening to Christmas music

Sinta Renee said...

That turned into a really cute quilt! How fun! Boy, you are really ahead of it all!!!