Thursday, April 2, 2009

Cotton Blossom Started

Last night i cut up my Cotton Blossom jelly roll and started the Sultry quilt on the Moda Bake Shop. So far it is going together ok ... i'm just really concerned about these rows of 'braids' linig up when i start attaching them. At first i wasn't big on this fabric when i saw it in the jelly roll, but once it was opened and layed out it is very pretty ... now i LOVE it! This is the border, binding and backing that came in the mail the other day. I decided to do a "pieced" back using the blue and cream florals just to shake it up a little.
Won't be much sewing this evening as it is Survivor night on TV, but hopefully this weekend i will be able to get some more rows completed. Hope everyone has a super weekend!!

6 comments:

Jennie said...

I know you've already started and this comes too late... but I have found that those types of quilts are a lot easier to handle if you piece them onto a muslin foundation. The muslin helps keep stuff from stretching out of line. It's turning out great! I have some layer cakes of that collection that I am still debating patterns for! ~ Jennie

Julia said...

I love the Moda fabrics...the braids look great, it's going to be a beautiful quilt.
Julia ♥

Lurline said...

It's looking wonderful to me and I love the fabric range!
Hugs - Lurline♥

Becky said...

I love it. thanks for the link. Somehow I must have missed that on the Moda Bake Shop site. Great use for Jelly Rolls.

Chookyblue...... said...

the more I see cotton blossoms the more I like it........

Della said...

Those fabrics are beautiful. I have wanted to make one of those quilts for a long time. Have a great weekend.